Thursday, February 10, 2011

Textile Thursday!

I just love mixing prints and patterns!  
When done properly, it creates such a unique and colorful look,
but a little warning....
use caution as the room can easily lose balance if the patterns aren't meshed to scale.

The 3-2-1 rule is a helpful tool to help coordinate and keep patterns to scale:
~ One pattern should be large scale and the main focal point;  
~ then the next coordinating print should be medium sized 
~ and then the third  print smaller.


Quadrille






Images via:
CocoCozy
DesignAddictMom
DesignDarling
DesignerAttic
JaimaBrownHome

2 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous Hunter, I am in love with those pillows! The large blossom print over the bed is so pretty too...hmm wonder where to find one? Oh and I have a interior design question for you - do you know where I can find dining room chair slip covers (linen perhaps?) that can be monogrammed? Either a full cover or just the slip that goes over the middle of the chair and buttons below. I swear I saw a set somewhere that had a little pleated ruffle at the bottom and I must have them! :) Thanks in advance! Your blog and tumblr are such a delight :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish,
    Thank you for your sweet note. I absolutely adore those pillows, too!
    Here are some slipcovers that might be along the line of what you're looking for - http://www.ballarddesigns.com/parsons-chair-slipcover--special-order-fabrics/chairs/chair-slipcovers/10665. Hope that helps! Let me know if you're still looking and I'll be on the look out for you.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails